Let’s take a quick look at the slate tonight. For more in depth breakdown, listen to the Lineup Logic Podcast today at 11AM
James Paxton v LAA -207 – Paxton has been nothing short of spectacular in the last month, he will continue his second half campaign against an Angels team with a low k rate but a HC rate that can be equally low at times. The Angels are implied for 3.1 runs, the lowest on the slate.
Others arms with positive indicators: deGrom v Philly, Salazaar v Tampa Bay are both seeing run totals below 4 and are heavy favorite with high K opponents.
Highest Game Total
4 games sit at 9.5 runs, we will see if they stay that way.
- MIA v WAS, Straily v Roark:
- In play? Two hit or miss pitchers take on two hit or miss offenses in the last game of a 4 game series.Mini stacks mostly, Zimmerman’s massive game last night was the first time all week that the Nats have put up double digit runs.
- HOU v CHW, Peacock v Rodon:
- In play? Peacock has had hard contact issues of late but massive K upside, Rodon has been showing signs of improvement. The ‘Stros can’t get blanked again, Vegas has them as the highest total of the night.
- LAD v ARI, Darvish v Banda:
- In play? Darvish makes his second start for LAD and deserves a look in tourneys, as people will feel fine fading him with other solid options. The Dodgers stack in play with one of the higher IRT on the board against Banda.
- BAL v OAK, Miley v Smith
- In play? The O’s will go overlooked in this spot and Smith has struggled in his 5 July starts, a solid pivot stack at their high price tags with depressed owenership. Miley is not rosterable, but I don’t think the A’s are in play with his massive GB rate of late
Highest Implied Team Total
Astros v Rodon – 5.6 Runs- No surprise here, even after getting blanked by Miguel Gonzalez, the StackStros are getting the highest implied run total of the night vs Carlos Rodon. However, the lefty is coming off a solid outing in Boston and has shown strikeout ability in recent games. With the Dodgers seeing a similar number ownership should be split.