Alex Wood v Padres – 285 – Wood is in the best matchup of the night, no doubt, but a lot this line points to the Dodgers offense against a struggling Clayton Richard. While Wood has been electric at points this year, he has been yanked as early as the 5th in multiple recent starts.
Others arms with positive indicators: Jimmy Nelson is a -180 favorite, and the Reds are implied for 3.8 runs. He’ll pitch opposite Homer Baily, who’s first name is hilariously appropriate given recent performance.
Highest Game Total
3 games sit at 10 runs or more, we will see if they stay that way.
- MIN v DET, 10.5, Gibson v Sanchez:
- In play? The Tigers are getting a lot of love against a RHP, rare. But deserved, as they have been consistently producing runs against RH in the last week. Minnesota is on a little win streak and Anibal Sanchez should help maintain optimism in St. Paul. If I’m going anywhere, I’m attacking the best bats at the top of the order here– Kinsler, Castellanos, Upton, Dozier and Sano.
- SFG v WAS, 10.5, Stratton v Jackson:
- In play? The Nats are getting the highest total on the night, with good reason. He’s named Chris Stratton. Stratton managed negative fantasy points against the Padres in ATT in his last start. Nats lefties will make one of the best stacks of the day.
- CHC v ARI, 10, Lackey v Walker:
- In play? The Cubs visit the DBacks in the desert tonight, but Vegas likes the home team. The Dbacks have seen their total rise .5 runs and should be able to get to Lackey, despite his age-defying season. Attack Lamb and Peralta, but never leave out Goldy when you stack the backs. There’s a new guy, too, I think his name is Martinez, apparently?
Highest Implied Team Total
Nats v Stratton – 5.7 Runs- If you give up multiple earned runs in early innings to the Padres, at the best pitcher’s park in baseball, something isn’t working. Stratton will visit the Nats who have enjoyed the comforts of home cooking for over a week now, and just won their series against the Fish. We will stack this team 5 ways till Sunday, so long as the weather holds. There is a nasty chance of rain that gets worse throughout.