Here’s seven plays I like more than usual this week and seven I like less in their match-up.
- QB Jacoby Brissett IND. I think he gets it done through the air but even more so with his legs. The 49ers do have a pass rush, which should force Brissett to be on the move. That’s where he’s at his best.
- RB Thomas Rawls SEA. Pete Carroll has a love for Rawls beyond explanation. If he gets the volume he’s going to pay off big. The Rams are hemorrhaging rushing yards at the moment.
- RB Wayne Gallman NYG. Paul Perkins is doubtful. Check off one of the threats to Gallman’s workload. There’s still two other backs that can siphon work on the Giants in Shane Vereen and Orleans Darkwa. They seem set on limiting Vereen’s touches and Darkwa is a pedestrian runner.
- WR Devante Parker MIA. The Titans are a lock for a top five WR performance against them right now. Parker has slowly solidified the primary target role in Miami. He could have a career day.
- WR Stefon Diggs IND. Chicago doesn’t have anyone that can cover Diggs. He’s going to go off in a divisional game the Vikings need to win. It’s extra gravy if Sam Bradford suits up.
- TE Ben Watson BAL. Start TEs against the Raiders. They still haven’t figured out a way to cover them (it’s been happening since last season). To boot, Watson has emerged as a go to for the wounded Joe Flacco.
- DEF Detroit Lions. The Panthers offense was having an awful year before New England gave them a boost. I don’t think they can protect Cam Newton against the Lions pass rush. Sacks and INTs should lead to big score.
- QB Andy Dalton CIN. We haven’t seen the last of Bad Andy. The Bills should be able to get pressure on him. The Bengals offensive line is still atrocious. I think Buffalo is a legit defense as well and their conservative approach on offense limits opponents offensive opportunity.
- RB Melvin Gordon LAC. He struggled his rookie year due to a knee issue. He’s starting to struggle this year, due to a knee issue. I’d avoid him until he shows it isn’t bothering him.
- RB Joe Mixon CIN. This is less about Mixon and more about the unit blocking for him. They don’t do him any favors and Buffalo excels against the run.
- WR Alshon Jeffrey PHI. He’s had a hard time overcoming shadow coverage this year. He’ll be shadowed by one of the best, Patrick Peterson Sunday. No thanks.
- WR Kelvin Benjamin CAR. Inconsistent receiver faces good secondary and possibly gets shadowed by Darius Slay. That’s a pass for me.
- TE Zach Ertz PHI. I’m not saying bench him in season long, but his DFS price has climbed up, understandably. He’ll need a touchdown to payoff and that’s not a given against a Cardinal defense that keys on TEs well.
- DEF Jacksonville Jaguars. Pittsburgh is a threat to go off in any home game. They bailed owners out with a late INT last week, otherwise it would have been a subpar day against the Jets.
Follow Mike Alexander on Twitter @Roto_Wan.