Here’s seven plays I like more than usual this week and seven I like less in their match-up.
- QB Jay Cutler MIA. This one’s not without a fair share of risk. The Raiders are missing multiple DBs, though. Miami had a shake up this week, trading Jay Ajayi. You can never be sure if these type of messages register with the rest of the team but it could be the wake up call they needed. Oakland has also had difficulty generating a pass rush this season.
- RB Doug Martin TB. The way to beat the Saints is on the ground. Dirk Koetter isn’t stupid. He’ll feed Martin some carries. The Dougernaut has been quiet the last couple weeks in tough match ups so he’s not on everyone’s radar.
- RB Derrick Henry TEN. The Titans should look to lean on their rushing attack in this one. It’s a coin flip which Tennessee back scores fantasy points, but I’ll take Henry here. DeMarco Murray is still not over his hamstring issue.
- WR Doug Baldwin SEA. It’s a plus match up for Baldwin in a game that could be sneakily high scoring, similar to last week. Baldwin somehow come out of that with a low total. I think that’s an anomaly. I like his odds the most of any Seahawk to score a touchdown.
- WR Jeremy Maclin BAL. The Titans are vulnerable to opposing WR1s. He may not be the sexiest WR1, but he is the Ravens. Especially with Mike Wallace limited.
- TE Vernon Davis WAS. Davis has resurrected his career with Washington, in large part due to Jordan Reed missing so much time this season. The Seahawks defense hasn’t been dominant and may be without one or both starting safeties. Insert VD burn joke here.
- DEF Arizona Cardinals. The Niners are a mess. They just lost their top WR and veteran LT. The Cardinals defense is going to have to stand on their heads with Drew Stanton at QB. They have the potential to make turnovers into points.
- QB Andy Dalton CIN. Shoddy O-line meets fierce pass rush backed by better secondary equals recipe for disaster.
- RB C.J. Anderson DEN. Don’t use backs against the Eagles right now. They are the top front seven in the league at the moment. Only Kareem hunt has exceeded 40 rushing yards against them, and much of his came on a long rush.
- RB Christian McCaffrey CAR. CMC’s shrinking rushing total isn’t lost on the coaching staff. He’ll still get targets through the air but that’s always a dice roll when it comes to production.
- WR Corey Davis TEN. It’s not a friendly welcome back party for Davis. He draws the resurgent Jimmy Smith, who’s having a career year. Davis also may need a game or two to shake off some rust.
- WR Paul Richardson SEA. This week’s ‘don’t chase last week’s points’.
- TE Ed Dickson CAR. With the trade of Kelvin Benjamin you may be looking for where those targets land in the remaining Panther pass catcher pool. The Falcons are solid against TEs, so I’d look elsewhere.
- DEF Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens are a much better team at home and don’t match up well with what the Titans do offensively.
Follow Mike Alexander on Twitter @Roto_Wan.