Here are seven players I like more than usual this week and seven I like less.
- QB Kirk Cousins WAS. Despite the suddenly elite Saints defense I think points will be scored in the Superdome. Cousins has shown he can be a quality QB even without a reliable cast.
- RB Kareem Hunt KC. The Giants deficiencies at LB are apparent. They struggle to limit TEs and RBs in the passing game. Hunt is a more than capable receiver and will get to pad a nice rushing total with some receptions. Damon Harrison, NY’s nose tackle is struggling with an ankle injury as well.
- RB Jordan Howard CHI. The way to beat Detroit is by rushing the ball. Chicago wants to do nothing but run it. Howard is going to feast between the tackles.
- WR Michael Crabtree OAK. I think it’s going to be a shootout in Mexico City between the Pats and Raiders. If Oakland is pressed to score, Crabtree is going to get looks in the end zone. Possible multi-TD game for him here.
- WR Mike Wallace BAL. The Ravens don’t take many shots downfield but they make sure to take some each game. When they do it’s to Wallace. Green Bay has had issues in the secondary all season. Joe Flacco should also be a bit more fresh coming off the Ravens bye week.
- TE Zach Ertz PHI. When Dallas lost Sean Lee earlier this season opposing TEs shredded them. Ertz is back from a tight hammy but rested from the bye. Philly has ran it’s passing game through him this season.
- DEF LA Chargers. Rookie QB, check. Opponent having to travel cross country, check. Probable to be playing with a lead, check.
- QB Matthew Stafford DET. I don’t like Stafford out of the dome to start with. The Bears DL and pass rush are also above average. I still have no faith in Detroit’s pass blocking.
- RB Adrian Peterson ARI. The Texans still stuff the run with decent success. It’s passing attacks they struggle with. I see AP getting nothing going and being neglected as the game goes on.
- RB Ameer Abdullah DET. I really don’t like the Lions this week apparently. Maybe I’m sore from my Browns D/ST prediction last week. Abdullah has been an enigma all year.
- WR DeAndre Hopkins HOU. The Patrick Peterson treatment is real. Nuk has survived Tom Savage a couple games, but it’s likely to get ugly this week.
- WR Devante Adams GB. Adams was able to get going last week as Brett Hundley’s preferred target. Coverage from Jimmy Smith and the Ravens pass rush is likely to throw a wrench in the Packers passing game.
- TE Charles Clay BUF. He’s just not 100%. He’s had limited practice this week after missing a long stretch. The Chargers are also solid limiting TE.
- DEF New England Patriots. This is not a spot I’d want to risk a defense from on either side. Despite getting the points given up under control I still have no trust in the Patriots.
Follow Mike Alexander on Twitter @Roto_Wan.