Here are seven players I like more than usual this week and seven I like less.
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo SF. The Texans haven’t held an opponent under 20 points since week 6 and that was the Browns. I don’t know who he throws the TDs to but I can’t see him going less than 27/250/2 with potential for more.
- RB Samaje Perine WAS. It’s easy to write off Washington as a team whose stock is falling and facing the surging Chargers. They’re competitive most of the time, though. Perine will continue to dominate the carries and just needs a TD for value.
- RB Peyton Barber TB. The Bucs have been trying to get Barber involved on and off since week 9. With Doug Martin back people may abandon their Barber shares. That could be a mistake. Detroit has given up double digits to multiple backs in the same game six out twelves times this season. I like the combination of those factors.
- WR Josh Gordon CLE. Fuck it man. I want a seat on this ride. Sure his QB has struggled with accuracy all year, especially on deep throws. The December Cleveland weather is going to be typically crappy for the game. Don’t care. The Packers are coming off a game they finally defended the pass well. Meh. This man was born to run deep routes and he’s finally getting to do it on an NFL field again.
- WR Golden Tate DET. Slot WRs have roasted the Bucs and Vernon Hargreaves, in particular, this year. Tate is a premier slot guy and will get a heavy target share with the Lions looking to preserve a banged up Matthew Stafford.
- TE Cameron Brate TB. Chasing TDs can be a fool’s errand. Ignoring the red zone connection Brate and Jameis Winston have is foolish though. In the seven games, Winston was healthy Brate’s caught TDs in five of them, for six on the year. The Lions have had plenty of struggles with TEs. You likely recall what Kyle Rudolph did to them on Thanksgiving.
- DEF Minnesota Vikings. Total gut call but I smell a defensive TD here. The Vikes have found another gear this last month and Cam has a history of forcing the ball,
- QB Alex Smith KC. I see this game being a shootout along with many of you. The floor on Smith is just too low to justify his price, however.
- RB Latavius Murray MIN. In the eight games since Dalvin Cook’s injury, Murray has typically carried the ball 15-17 times. Four of those games were against below average run defenses and he performed well, averaging 5.3 YPC. In the other four games against above average run defenses he has not performed well, averaging 2.6 YPC. The Panthers are a very good run defense. Zig this week on Lat.
- RB Derrick Henry TEN. I love his running style but don’t chase last week 75 yard touchdown. Without it his line was 10/34/0.
- WR Davante Adams GB. Jason McCourty’s latest victim.
- WR Emmanuel Sanders DEN. Between the poor QB play and a nagging ankle injury, Manny’s season has been a wash. Neither of those things will improve until the off-season.
- TE Vernon Davis WAS. The last few weeks have not been kind to Davis owners. My sense is he’s feeling the wear of this season’s heavy usage at age 33.
- DEF Jacksonville Jaguars. Russell Wilson just got done taking apart an Eagles defense that was hotter than anyone around. The only opponent that has been able to slow Wilson down in his career has been injury.
Follow Mike Alexander on Twitter @Roto_Wan.