By Kwafo Adarkwa
Week Five is here and there are some enticing matchups on the docket. Here are a few quick thoughts as you set lineups for Week 5:
- DeShaun Watson. He is becoming a regular in this column and for good reason. He has talent for days and his floor surpasses the ceiling of many of the leagues signal callers. Currently, he is Pro Football Focus’ #7 QB. A Sunday night matchup against Dallas is enticing, to say the least.
- Christian McCaffery- Run CMC is a do-everything back for Carolina and this year they have figured out how best to use him. He is 7th in the NFL in RB targets and 6th in receptions. The Giants will have no answer for him.
- Alshon Jeffery. – With Carson Wentz back and Alshon healthy you can hear the cries of “Fly Eagles Fly” ring out once again. Alshon is a true #1 WR and the matchup against the Vikings isn’t as menacing as it once was. Use this guy in your lineups.
- Derek Carr- Shootout in suburban LA against the weaker than we thought Chargers D. With Nelson, Cook, and Cooper to throw to, I like the young gunslinger in this afternoon matchup.
- Marshawn Lynch- Currently the ageless one is Pro Football Focus’ #3 overall runner and is showing no signs of aging. On a site like FanDuel that is so TD focused, I love using Lynch on the main slate and especially on the late slate.
- James Conner- The Pittsburgh runner has a great matchup against the porous Atlanta defense. I could see the game script favoring Conner and him getting back to his week 1 form in this matchup catching a handful of balls out of the backfield.
- Kenny Golladay- The Detroit WR is becoming Matthew Stafford’s favorite target. The game total is high or Detroit and Green Bay and I like any one of their receivers, but Kenny is my favorite on Sunday. His price still is affordable on DK for my projection on his production.
- Russell Wilson- He has no weapons on the outside, his running back situation seems in flux and he must face the NFLs best team in the Rams. While he is at home. I don’t like his chances to even reach value in this matchup.
- Baker Mayfield- The rookie has looked good in his limited work this season, but I believe Baltimore may be onto something defensively. I predict tough sledding for the rookie even in a home matchup. Fade him.