By Kwafo Adarkwa
Week Seven is here and there are some intriguing matchups to watch for. Here are a few quick thoughts as you set lineups for Week 7:
- Carson Wentz. The game total is rising, and Wentz’s completion percentage is just shy of 70%. His more efficient passing style will be key against the Panthers. Lock him in.
- Alvin Kamara. The floor is safe here with one of the games best backs. In a game with a sneaky high total, I envision Kamara scoring a TD thru the air and on the ground against the Ravens.
- John Brown. The Ravens WR leads the NFL in targeted air yards via NFL Next Gen Stats. Baltimore looks for this man looks for him deep. In what should be a game environment conducive for scoring, I like Smokey Brown here.
- Joe Flacco. The Saint D is what will be their undoing likely as the season progresses. Flacco is much maligned but is in a favorable matchup here against NO.
- Adrian Peterson. I can’t believe its 2018 and I’m recommending “All Day” but the man is a good fit for the Washington Offense and even against a stout Dallas D, Peterson should have running lanes on Sunday.
- Josh Gordon. It feels like the season has been building up to a blow-up spot from Brady to Gordon. His target share is among the most on the team and even in his matchup against Chicago, big plays are there to be had. This is the week Gordon reminds fans of his immense talent.
- DeShaun Watson. Jaguars have something to prove in this divisional game and Houston attacks teams on the outside which happens to be where Jacksonville excels defensively. He is also a bit banged up. Find other QBs on Sunday.
- Sony Michel. He has had secure touches since emerging as one of the feature backs in a once-crowded backfield in New England. Not a fan of his prospects against Chicago on the road. I think New England does the damage in this one through the air.
DeAndre Hopkins. Since I mentioned his signal caller, I might as well talk about the talented WR. He is already a bit hampered this week in practice and with a matchup with Jalen Ramsey mostly and maybe some A.J. Bouye, I will look elsewhere for a high dollar receiver.